Lisa & Britni, my daughter

Lisa & Britni, my daughter
Woman's Luncheon April 2010

Sunday, May 23, 2010

A healthy beginning - Day 1

Day 1 started today (186.8) and I have been successful with my first day of Medifast meals.  I understand that if it was needed I could choose from a few things to snack on (extras like celery) to get me through the day.  My FREE Health Coach advised me to first try drinking a full glass of water if I got hungry in between meals which I did and found that I didn't need any extras.  At the end of the day I was able to drink 100 ounces of water, eat 5 Medifast meals and a Lean and Green meal. I am going to enjoy the ease of this program but going to miss being able to stop anywhere for a quick meal, I am told that this too will pass.  I am surprised at the amount of stomach talking and gas today but my Health Coach Darli told me that it is normal for some people and should subside for the most part.  This is what my day looked like...

8am - 20oz water and began drinking Medifast Cappacino in 2 cups of (12oz each) Coffee
10:35 am - 20oz water
11am - Medifast Cappacino in 2 cups of (12oz each) Coffee, but won't do that much coffee so close together...zoom, zoom & zoom (Dr. A's Habits of Health tell me to limit caffiene)

12pm - 10oz water with vitamins and meds
1pm - 10oz water (feeling very over bloated, to much water, need to let some digest)
2pm - Chili Cheese puffs
5pm - Manhattan soup that has been soaking all day
6:30pm - 20oz water
7pm - 6 brussel sprouts, 1 cup Romaine lettuce with 1tbsp lite asian dressing and a 3inch round cube steak that my hubby made

7:30pm - 20 oz water
9pm - Medifast Brownie

If I had to change anything I did today it would be the steak that I had for dinner.  My husband is not so into this Medifast thing and still deep down thinks that I will be eating everything I used to.  He made cube steaks cooked in Cream of Mushroom soup for dinner and then asked me what I was going to make to go along with it.  I told him that I would make a salad and steam some brussel sprouts, he quickly said I am not on the diet with you...Meat and POTATOES!  I mentioned that rice would go really well with the gravy that the mushroom soup made and he was happy with that.  When it came time to eat he said aren't you eating then I had to tell him that it was not time and that I had a half hour before I could eat...he just rolled his eyes!  So when it was time for me to eat I could not disappoint so I fixed myself a salad, few sprouts and the smallest steak (wiped off as much soup goo as I could) and bypassed the rice!  I am proud of myself today but will eat super lean and green dinner tonight to make up for the steak of tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment